Friday, January 8, 2010

work work work

I had at that time always wanted to be wealthy it had become the most important thing in my life. Sadly but truly it had overshadowed my walk with the Lord and took precedence in my life. I guess it was so important to me to prove to myself I was more than my family had told me I was. I mean when I first started working at Hardee's my mother told me I couldn't work at a big place like Hardee's that I wasn't smart enough to keep up because they were so busy. She truly was so defeated in life. How sad it is that even something as simple as that she thought was unattainable not only for me but for herself as well. I was so determined though to prove them wrong and had done everything I could to do just that.
So while I worked at Pizza Hut I went to work on Sunday nights afterwards delivering a local weekly paper that took about 4 hours and I made 50 bucks which almost paid my car payment! I also noticed a pattern of always working nights at Pizza Hut so I thought well I could work in Real Estate of a day if I had my license but I had to find a new sponsoring broker. Peggy had bought a Remax franchise and that was a different kind of deal where there were no commission splits in exchange for keeping all the commision you had to pay for your office and everything. There were so many expenses now associated with it.I had noidea if I could sell and make money or not so I found another sponsoring broker in Marvin Wheeldon, who was the father of a friend of mine in High School. This time I passed my test! So I began working somewhat daily in Real Estate and then at 5 be at Pizza Hut nad work till 12 or 1. All the while delivering papers once a week in an attempt to get rich. I made a little in Real Estate but not much due to me being so intimidated by people with money, so all the listings I went after were the ones no one else really wanted. For some reason though I didn't have any money looking back I really don't know why except I knew I blew a lot of money, but still not that much. I had wrecked a couple of times once even while delivering pizzas (before I got my new car) and so my car insurance was pretty high nad I also was giving quite a bit to the church. I had been able to start going back to the Tateville church, I had stayed away for a while after the restaurant deal because my uncle lived right next door and I was afraid he would be so mad at me for living, I meant to say leaving but living was true too. I had had no life those six weeks I had stayed with the restaurant. My uncle though was real glad of the way it had worked out so much so he bought the restaurant building and all. The church was doing well, but I was growing more and more skeptic of the denomination that was affiliated with it, would I be able to hold onto my faith? What new big change was right around the corner? Shew my life was always changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment