Friday, January 15, 2010

That first night

After the church service was over all the young people went down to the basement to play games. I had never seen a church like this, all of the kids were well behaved and everyone seemed like a family. I also couldn't help but notice that everyone was what I considered wealthy. Now my wealthy and the world's wealthy were two different definitions. They all came from good homes and good families and had all of lifes conveniences,so that fit my definition. They also seemed to be a very holy people. I didn't hear anyone say anything even remotely off color or unnice (is that a word?) Now while this might seem like not much to some of you, let me remind I had lived my life around trash. (I don't believe anyone is really trash, but it conjures up the right example in your mind)
I knew that if I really liked this girl and I were to ever really have a relationship with her she would find that out so I had to show her I was different, that I was really a person like them (only at the time I didn't even know if I was). So when I got to play a game with her I had to show myself. We played Taboo and it was my first time ever playing a game. I annihilated the other team I was really something of a big jerk. I wanted to impress her with my knowledge and in trying to do so it's a wonder she ever spoke to me I am usually a very nice guy but I rubbed my brilliance that night in everyone's nose. Of course it was because I felt so inferior but how was she going to know all of that and even when I noticed what I was doing which wasn't soon I still couldn't stop. Please God shut me up! What will she think of me now? Will she ever ever go out with me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found Chris !! I have a strange feeling that he may need you in his life again, even more than you need him. Just a strange feeling that your prayer request may be more important than you realize. That is why I suggested you try to find him in an earlier comment. You are also in my prayers, and I hope you keep us informed on all progress. Please keep us up-to-date on Chris. Thanks and God Bless !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol, I sure will keep you up to date. Thanks again for reading and commenting. If you don't mind me asking what part of the country are you from?

    ReplyDelete