Monday, January 18, 2010

Our first date

I held my breath and waited for the inevitable ugly no, when what to my unbelieving ears did I hear, but a beautiful yes! What she said yes, she said yes!! I was about to jump straight up and down. We walked out of the church and I asked whose car do you want to take? She said we could take hers and as we walked around the corner where she was parked she tossed me the KEYS!
What she was actually going to let me drive her brand new $25,000+ Camaro? I know I literally gasped, but I didn't argue. I never in my life thought I would get to drive such a car, I mean after all my own mother wouldn't let me drive her old clunkers, now if I can just get my big butt in and out of it without huffing and puffing it'll be alright. We went to eat at Frisch's Big Boy at her request, and I still remember where we sat and what we ate, but mostly I remember how she looked. I thought she looked like an angel and what was she doing with me and why had she not already been snatched by some other guy? I thought to myself she was perfect in every way. So gentle, so tender, so innocent (oh brother). As we sat there I was in heaven, absolute and sheer heaven. We finished eating and went back to the church I drove very slowly to show her I respected her things and to make the date last longer. When we got back to the parking lot we talked seriously about starting a relationship. It was all going so well I leaned over and I.......

No comments:

Post a Comment