Saturday, January 2, 2010

Real Estate School

So here I was at nineteen going through Real Estate School and working at Hardees. The classes were from the Kentucky Academy of Real Estate and were being held in Peggy Bells office. She had just started this company after being in the business several years and was trying to get agents, so there were several of us in the class. The Boyd's who I would later go to church with after I married. A few ladies I can't remember. A lady named Velda who I had gone to school with her daughter. And then there was Gigi, who was from Brazil and a little kooky to say the least. I guess kooky is the best word to describe dear Gigi. Being so country I had trouble understanding Gigi, but I knew I liked her. She was hilarious! I had never met anyone from another country and I thought she was just terribly neat. She had a Volkswagon Beetle dressed up like a Rolls Royce with the hood ornament and Gold Grill and an airplane on the roof that flew around in a circle. It was so odd you just couldn't forget it! The weirdest thing though is the way she talked about her husband she said he was the devil and people just didn't know what he was into. We all thought she was making this stuff up like people sometime do about the horribleness of their spouse. Then several years later it came out that the FBI was after him for some international espionage and that he had put a contract on his own son to have him killed! Gigi had been telling the truth all along and she really had been in danger. She said she was going to write a book about her experience, but she never did, which leads me to think the FBI wouldn't let her because Gigi was honest after all!
After the class ended we all went to Lexington to take the test and we all failed it! I missed it by two questions! I was so disappointed but I thought the Lord knows what he is doing and truth be told I didn't really know anything abouth the Real Estate business even if I had passed the test. So I started training with Peggy on my days off and in the afternoon. In the meantime I got promoted at Hardee's to Supervisor so all in all things were going good. I was fairly happy and wasn't home much so I didn't have to deal with my mother too much. I opened Hardees so I left at 3 in the morning and after work at 1 or 2 I went to the Real Estate office till 5 to learn what I could and of course be free labor, but I didn't care about that I knew the experience was valuable and I was thankful to Peggy for the chance to better myself. Fianlly after several months I took the test again and wouldn't you know I failed it again like everyone else! This time I only missed 1 stupid question too many!! I was mad mad as heck! Excuse my language, but that's how mad I was (lol). Now I had to wait to take it again. But while I was waiting another funny thing happened. My uncle Vola came to me and wanted to help me make another dream come true, but this dream would change my life forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment