Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Years Day 1995.

So for the next few weeks I became a regular at Waynesburg Church. I really liked the church not only because I had fallen in love with one of its members, but I in fact I had fallen in love with the people there at least most of them. Teresa's family was kind of cold toward me but I am sure it is because they recognized my intentions right off the bat. One day right before Christmas after the Sunday Service Chris and I and Teresa were on the front steps of the church talking and Teresa looked at Chris and asked his age and he was 19, then she looked at me and I said 21. I knew she was 25 so I was closer to her age. I noticed after I answered she turned her whole body toward me. So she had asked Chris his age first. She had been hoping he was closer to her age and when she found out he wasn't she thought she would settle for me (this is something she later denied). In my heart though I knew the truth and if Chris had been 20 none of the next few years would have happened.Honestly though I didn't care if I was second choice as long as I was in the running.

The church had decided to change it's name to New Life from Waynesburg and on January 1st they had a big ceremony to make it official. After the service a lot of people quickly left and so I made my way downstairs where I knew Teresa would be cleaning her room up. I caught her in the fellowship hall as she was leaving. I began to talk to her nervous as I was and she was talking back to me. The more we talked the more I thought she was giving me little signals that it was o.k. to ask her out to eat. Finally just like jumping in water you know is cold I took a deep breath and said " you want to go eat"?

No comments:

Post a Comment