Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pizza Hut and another new life

Pizza Hut was like another new life was starting for me. I experienced so many changes in my life while I worked there. For the first time in my life I was really really happy for an extended period of time. Delivering pizzas is a great job for a young guy you get to drive around and listen to music and you can make great tips. All my life I had been around restaurants and the work was dreadful. Pizza Hut was completely different. Margaret the lady that ran the place was a wonderful person. She actually is still there 16 years later! She is a little short lady who was overweight at the time and she had her favorite assistant named Scott who was another fat guy. I say another cause I have always been overweight, but back then I was just about 30 to 40 pounds overweight so that was about the best weight I have been my entire life so I felt right at home being around jolly big people. Anywho I had been concentrating so hard on just getting the job that I hadn't thought what I would do for gas money if I got it. I will never as long as I live forget how I felt. I hadn't had a paycheck in about two months, my car had the back window busted out and I was about as low as I ever have been I remember thinking how could people possibly have money to burn lights in their homes and pay an electric bill and afford to feed themselves. Luckily Pizza Hut was almost always needing drivers even though it was an easy job that paid good for our area. So I got to start quickly. I prayed so hard my first day I had less than a quarter tank of gas and no money for more I was completely broke and nobody was about to loan me a penny! I made fifty cents for every pizza I delivered whether or not I got a tip. I can vividly remember being so embarrassed as I pulled up and bought 50 cents of gas and the looks I got. I had to do this several times, if I was lucky enough to get a tip then I put that in to. By the end of the day I had almost a half tank!! I was on top of the world I knew things were about to get better. A whole lot better, I just had that feeling you get when you know you are due a blessing and you feel you just found it! Well I had just found mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment