Saturday, January 16, 2010

Breaking a vow

Believe it or not I do believe that vows are sacred and I honestly do believe you are bound to them. Now that being said I will tell you that in my life I have only made two vows 1 being my marriage vows which I am divorced so enough said there and the other you may recall was that I would never go back to the Church of God of Prophecy. Well one look at my future wife/ex wife and I was ready to forget all about that vow. I could scarcely believe that the little one room church way back in a hole was affiliated with this big modern church just over the county line. Nor that because of this some people knew of my grandmother and knew some of my family history. I really was enjoying the church anyway. These people seemed happy to do anything for the Lord. They had big dinners nearly every week and just truly enjoyed one anothers company. Now they weren't evangelizing and seeking after souls but I was awestruck with Teresa I didn't pay any attention.
Teresa I learned taught childrens church and had for several years and I had never even heard of children's church. Her mother Genevieve taught the young people and right off the bat I knew Genevieve didn't care much for me but she wasn't ugly with me (yet you just wait have I got some stories to tell you) I became a regular at the church as my car was ready the next week. My insurance went to 335 dollars a month but I could swing it. Teresa seemed to like that I had a new car even if it was a little Sentra. She had a brand new Camaro Z 28 with T tops. Was I crazy? Was this classy, beautiful from a good home lady ever going to fall for a guy like me? Would I ever even get the nerve to ask her out? Was God going to get me for breaking my vow?

No comments:

Post a Comment