Saturday, January 9, 2010

Another New Job

Man my life was changing fast! I was working three jobs all in an effort to better myself and that was getting old fast or I was getting old quick one. I was almost 21 years old and I wanted desperately to be somebody. I had a new car, lots of bills because I had no clue the dangers of credit which now had me consumed. I was working what seemed around the clock and pretty much was. I began to look for a more professional job where I could focus on it and be able to give up the paper route at least. In my mind I had my fun at Pizza Hut, but it was now time to get a grown up job and become mature. As I write this I am reminded that 16 years later I am still not mature! I don't really remember how it came about maybe because I owed them money at one time for a keyboard I never touched but I applied at a local furniture store for a sales position. There was a large furniture store company at one time called Heilig Meyers anybody remember them? I talked with the manager and he told me I should sell at least 40,000 a month and at 4 percent commission and bonuses for selling fabric protection I should be able to make 2,000 a month! Sign me up I am rich I thought now I am somebody. My mother had never made more than 450 dollars a month in my life! Shoot working three jobs I was only making about 1400 a month now. I went straight to the best department store in town Belk Simpson and spent 1000 on new suits to wear (on more credit of course) I was going to be sharp! I had made it or so I thought. I kept my real estate license but I worked less and less. I had not done very well but I thought if I just kept at it I would eventually get the hang of it. Still I knew in life I was on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment