Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crazy Times

As I said yesterday I was having a blast at Pizza Hut. I had traded cars a couple of times each time getting a little bit nicer and newer car, but none of them was as dependable as my little wagon had been. So I get the big idea that instead of spending all this money on repair bills I would get a small new car. This was something that for me to beleive I could achieve was just unreal but I started looking. As I pulled out of the Ford dealership in my town feeling as though I was defeated my mother pulled up and gave me one of her looks that basically said you idiot. She gave a cold icy stare one that I can still see in my minds eye this morning as I write this and quietly said "get up the road where you belong". Well that did it! That just went right through me! If she thought for one second that I was the poor miserable white trash she had intended for me to be I was determined to prove her wrong! So far I had most liked the Nissan Sentra I had looked at and so I drove straight to the dealership and filled out an application. I had perfect credit at the time, but I had no clue that meant anything. I was so nervous waiting to hear that my ankles started to pop from being so tense (I guess) and they have popped ever since, but in 30 minutes time I had my car. The sales lady really rooked me, but I was too stupid and too excited to care. I had to go rub my mother's nose in my new car smell.
I have just realized I have left out several key things but a promise is a promise I have to tell you about my little escapade. I was still working at Pizza Hut and so was my friend Chris. They had hired this guy named Clifford who was real countrified (is that a word?). So much so he thought Chris and I was cool when in fact we were quite nerdy and white bred as much as you can imagine. Anyway Clifford had a birthday coming up and even though we didn't really know him that well all he said he wanted was for us to take him out on his birthday. I figured he knew we were always going on these neat trips and things and had never got to do stuff like that and I could relate so of course we agreed. Somehow the Asst. mgr Scott invited himself along and said he would take care of everything. Chris and I both didn't like that idea, but he was the boss and if we made him mad we knew we would pay for it and besides how else were we all supposed to get off work on a busy Friday night. Of course with me a brand new car we had to take mine and that was fine I was having fun feeling like a big shot, but I was getting more and more nervous because Scott wouldn't tell me where we were going other than to Lexington. So we arrive in Lexington and I start taking directions until I end up at a strip club and I thought I was going to throw up. Now he knew Chris and I were both Christian and Pentecostal Christians at that so how was we going to go to a strip club and look at naked women. I protested a little but Scott laid a guilt trip on me saying it was for Clifford so I agreed reluctantly. Chris agreed to but he was underage and couldn't get in so I let him take my car and drive around Lexington which he was pretty familiar with. After about 15 minutes or so my conscience started getting the better of me I thought this is it I am going to have a heart attack and go to Hell right here. I told the guys I would be outside when they were done and left. I was so nervous and flustered I nearly ran every one over I was so ashamed. After sitting outside for just a couple of minutes Chris pulled back in so having a few hours to kill we went Downtown to see the sights. While walking around Downtown Chris decided to start seeing if we could get a closer look and just happened to find an open door to one of the skyscrapers there. We were going from floor to floor looking at the different views out the windows when we were stopped by a security guard who acted a lot like Barney Fife only at the time it wasn't very funny. He had me believing we were going to jail I tried to act all country and innocent which I was, but finally after 2 or 3 hours he let us go. Well by that time the strip club had closed and Scott and Clifford had sat in the parking lot for about an hour thinking me and Chris had drove back home and abandoned them. So they call Margaret our store manager in the middle of the night to come and get them. I blew up I couldn't believe they thought I would just abandon them, but I guess they did think I was mad at them for taking me to a place like that when they knew I always tried to be honorable, but I wasn't mad I had just thought I was going to jail. Man what a night. Now I had a car phone but Margaret ddin't so there was no way to call her and tell her that she wasn't needed so we had to sit there and wait on her. It was nearly 5 when Margaret, her husband and their small son pulled in the parking lot, it had taken so long because on the way up they had hit a cow with their cow I SWEAR that's the truth! Here they were in their pajamas with a big dent in their car just a couple of hours before Margaret is supposed to be there to open the store to come pick these two up when we were there to take them home all the time. Margaret cussed us all black and blue and I swear as soon as she stopped Clifford said "let's go get some coffee" Oh my God that was so not the thing to do. Would we ever make it home now ?

No comments:

Post a Comment