Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Ocean

I was actually going to pop the question. I was going to ask Teresa to marry me. I bought a video camera and asked Chris to film it. I had it all pictured in my head just how it was going to be. I would get down on one knee in front of the entire youth group and the pastors and I would propose marriage to this dream woman of mine. Teresa was my dream woman. She was soft and gentle and good and decent. She was smart and attractive and she seemed incapable of anything petty or vulgar. As the trip approached I of course opened my big mouth and let it slip that I had a big surprise for her on the trip. She then let me know in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to ask her to marry her yet. That it had not been an appropriate amount of time since we had started dating and I would just be wasting my time and ruining any future chance I had. I learned very quickly that Teresa was going to have things her way or no way. So I quickly changed my plans and went back to work trying to get her to feel about me the way I felt about her. Shew what a job that will be.

2 comments: