Monday, January 4, 2010

The crash

So what could I do now! The crash was heard inside the restaurant and here come my aunts half laughing half worried. I couldn't really deal with this right then so I just swept up the mess and delivered the food. When I got to the Antiques store that had ordered I heard the usual question "Aren't you Lillies boy?" I of course had to answer yes and then get asked the obvious question about the car. I quickly told them it just happened and in the five minutes it took me to get back to the restaurant I had a call from my mother asking me what the 1@##$$& happened. I told her I was busy and hung up. I just wanted to burst into tears I had no idea how I would have anything decent to drive now. My uncle had said neither one of us would get any money from the restuarant until the whole 8,000 was paid off which was not part of the original deal we had actually never discussed that part (stupid 19 year old). I drove around with that big hole in my car for weeks before I at least got it taped it up.
I was beginning to hate the restaurant. I was exhausted and broke! Here the restaurant was bringing in hundreds of dollars every day but we had no idea how much the total expenses were going to be and I didn't have 1 dollar to my name. I was miserable. I was beginning to understand the phrase be careful what you pray for cause you just may get it. There is a lot of truth to that.
Fianlly after 6 weeks I just couldn't take it anymore so I did sometihng I am very good at can you guess what it is? I bet you can, I quit. I just left I wrote a note saying I was sorry, but I just couldn't go on like that when I went home I slept for three days only getting up to eat and go to the bathroom. I knew I had to get a job and quick! I had a nice suit I had bought for Real Estate which seemed like just a distant dream now and I went in search for anything I could find! I was to be 20 in just a few days and so far I had done nothing with my life. I went to the unemployment office and found a listing for pizza delivery at Pizza Hut I went to the back door praying for the job and I found what seemed like home!

2 comments:

  1. Loving it. Just wish you could write faster !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol thank you so much for your encouragement. I promise when I get into the marriage and the divorce it gets even wilder!

    ReplyDelete