Monday, January 11, 2010

Did I kiss my sister?

As you know if you have been reading the story and shame on you if you haven't, you better start o.k. when I was 15 I basically met my... my um... um sperm donor (he's no father) and spent some time with him. During that time I met a girl about my age named Nadine and we became fast friends. It was amazing how much we were alike and how much we laughed and cut up over silly stuff. Now Nadine got a little crush on me in the beginning and everyone knew it. One day my grandma and I was talking about it and she was seeing what I thought about all this, when I told her I thought I liked her too she sighed put her hands on her lap as she slowly stood and quietly and soberly said "follow me". That wasn't like Mammaw something was up! She walked into her bedroom sat down on her bed and patted her handmade quilt and said "sit down here by me baby". I said "Mammaw what's wrong" she said "Mammaw's got to tell you something alright, now you listen to your old Mammaw, you can't have nothing to do with that girl you hear me"? I said "how come"? She said real quiet like "She's your sister"! I don't know why but I laughed and said "huh uh". I don't know why I thought my sainted mammaw would lie about that especially when I had just recently learned of at least 4 siblings in the last few weeks I had never known about! Mammaw reached under her bed and pulled out a little cookie tin and pulled out a picture of a baby that looked just like me except this baby had long hair and was wearing a dress! I was so mad I said "WHO PUT A DRESS ON ME!" She said "well that aint you, that's your sister, that's NADINE! At that moment in my heart I KNEW I JUST KNEW it was the truth. Oh God I had kissed my sister! I was in shock and felt sick and happy all at the same time. I told Nadine what happened and while she has never really believed it she has accepted that I believe it.

Now I had begun singing gospel music with my aunts a little after that happened and while we had no real success the local Tateville folks thought it was a big deal because we had sung in a few other churches and had some equipment. No real achievement but still. Of course it didn't last long my Aunt's conversion was not to last. They all left the church and God for one reason or another. After Nadine got saved she and I started singing when we would spend time together which was about all the time. In just a few weeks we were doing really great and for the first time I could feel the anointing of the Lord because it was like a new voice. We were having new inflections in our voices and the crowds seemed to really be getting blessed. Now there was a lady in our county named Sister Mary that had a broadcast that showed in Cincinnati, and at one of our singings a preacher saw us, liked us and told her about us. She invited us to come on her show and we ended up making several appearances. We were getting bookings in other towns and even 1 in Tennessee. We needed a van and some new equipment, so I went and borrowed 1500. We bought a van at the auto auction and bought some equipment and still we had several hundred dollars left that we were going to use to fix the van up. I let Nadine and Duane keep the money because we knew my mother would keep it. The next day after I left them the money when I arrived Nadine wouldn't open the door but a crack and she said "Duane said for me to quit singing and keep the van and the money for all the work we did". You need to go." Well of course we got into it and the law, my mother and Duane's mother all showed up and we were all fighting I thought I was going to jail. It ended with me finally getting the van which I ended up selling. The next Sunday I was supposed to go to Jamestown Tennessee for a singing and just like my first day of college I just laid there in bed to ashamed to go and tell them what happened. I knew I was making a life decision and I knew that if I went the Lord would bless it and in my spirit I felt that somehow it would be o.k. and God would bless but still I just didn't want to do it anymore. I gave up my dream of becoming a singer and wouldn't sing in church again for several years.

We had some crazy times too though. Now this was in my Hardees days. I have to tell you of one escapade. Nadine was married very young I think I was 17 and she was 16. She married a man as you know named Duane. When they first got married they bought an older mobile home and moved it all the time from one spot to another. Once when they moved it they needed help because they had built a room on the back and put a wood stove out there to heat it. They wanted to move the wood stove so I went to help them along with a young girl named Chrissy. Duane and I started to pick up the wood stove and as I bent over a bee stung me right in my butt! I screamed, Chrissy screamed, Nadine LAUGHED and Duane just stood there. I screamed pull it out Duane pull it out but it being in my butt he wouldn't do it dern him. So he takes a broom and starts beating it but really he's just beating me I take off running and ran right into the girls which caused more screaming. Finally I just pulled it out my ownself. I am somewhat of a wimp so it took forever to load the wood stove but finally we did it. I guess the girls felt sorry for me so they let me sit on the padded seat in the truck and they sat in the back (my butt it was on fire!) Duane was driving slow and I was keeping an eye on the girls to make sure they were o.k. They were laughing and cutting up when all of a sudden Nadine laughed herself right off the back of the truck! Luckily since Duane was only going like 10 miles an hour she wasn't seriously hurt. I told Duane I said "Nadine fell off the truck!" he said " No she didn't" and kept on driving! I looked back and Nadine was running trying to catch up when she stopped reached her hand forward and wet herself! I swear it was like something you see in the movies. I started hollering "Duane look she did too fall off the truck and you're leaving her, she's going to kill you"! Duane looked up finally and hit the brakes which sent Crissy slamming into the stove! I was laughing so hard I was crying and now so was Crissy. Rubbing her old head she cussed Duane black and blue. Nadine had to sit on the back of that truck for about 30 minutes on a windy day in wet pants as we took the stove to their new spot. Let's just say when she finally did get home her thighs were as raw as could be. She could barely walk! She then proceeded to beat the tar out of Duane. I just had to share this. Pretty crazy huh! Now

Get ready tomorrows post starts it all Can you feel the excitement in the air? Huh can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment