Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What a blessing!

I knew that God was about to take care of me and he certainly did. My time at Pizza Hut was one of the happiest of my life. I was young and having fun! I really used the advantage of my car window being busted out to witness to people about the Lord cause I played my gospel music to where everyone could hear it. I loved to get beside someone who was blaring some awful worldly (as I would've called it back then) song that had filthy lyrics and drown them out with some good old Gospel!! I was able after a week or so to tape the window up with plastic. I started doing fairly well. I made great tipsas I was very professional and as courteous as possible always acting as though I had been in a big hurry to get the customer there order extra fast. Which was true just not as dificult as I probably made it seem. I am somewhat of a salesmen. I was well liked at Pizza Hut and I liked all the people there. They really were a great bunch. A lot of the customers were regulars and eventually they started asking for me. I was really loving it. Eventually they hired a guy by the name of Chris Phillips who became my best friend and truthfully my last friend. I haven't seen Chris in over 10 years now. The last I knew he was in Fayetteville North Carolina at the military base there. He had joined the military afew years after working there at Pizza Hut. He haad two children Megan and Matthew and as I sit here writing this I am surprised I remember there names. I loved there daddy like a brother though and we had some big adventures together
We would get off work at 1 in the morning and leave Somerset and drive to Nashville or Cincinnatti and walk around the city at like 4 or 5 in the morning. We were crazy, both of us loved big cities. Once in Nashville when they were building the big skyscraper for one of the telephone companies Chris and I actually went in I about peed my pants I was so scared we were going to get arrrested. We almost got killed in Nashville another time. This man had asked us for a dollar to get something to eat and naive me was about to tell him I didn't have anything under a 20, when the police came and arrested him. he had murdered two guys hours earlier in the same place in the same way. The cops said he was just waiting to see if we had any money, had I told him I had the 20 he would've probably killed us right there! Tomorrow will be a very interesting post I will tell of the poor Pizza Hut guy that thought two nerds like Chris and me were cool and wanted us to take him out for his birthday which included almost getting arrested, my one and only trip to a strip club, my boss coming after us and someone hits a cow! Stay tuned

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you try to find Chris? You might be able to locate him through many different sources. I would give it a shot if I were you. Maybe that is why you are on this path now. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Carol I agree I should do that. It's funny I decided last night that I would begin the search. He will be very shocked to learn of what has become of me.

    ReplyDelete