Thursday, December 24, 2009

The next chapter

So at age 14 we moved again. I had just started 9th grade and my town had just built 2 new Junior High schools, Southern and Northern. All the cool kids went to Southern because in my town that is where all the subdivisions, stores and restaurants were. All the farmers kids went to Northern. I got to go to Southern for five days until I had to go to Northern, which I dreaded with a passion I had nothing in common with farm kids. even though I lived in a rural town my whole life I had never seen a pig or a goat or any thing other than cows when we drove by. It also didn't help matters that I thought I was smarter than all those dumb hick kids. But I made the best of it and all in all that part wasn't so bad.
The worst part was we now lived in Eubank right next to my aunt in another box! This trailor was a little better than the first at least it was a 12 foot wide home and we did get a window air unit so it wan't so hot in the summer, but in the winter I could actually see frost build up on the inside of the walls. I hated it I thought I was at the end of the world. I was treated worse than a dog now for sure because my aunt would just come over and they could both double team me. My mother was paying me back for standing up to her at the apartment. I really did begin to hate her.She took every oppurtunity to be cruel she could find. Daily she cursed me told me she hated me and that she wished I was never born and when I said anything back in response I was being unruly and here would come my aunt with an iron fist. Looking back I wonder if they were trying to punish me for what my father did?
There are two memories that stick out the most in my mind and that is once when my aunt came home from work and seen I had not gone to school she went out into the yard and got a 2 by 4 and whacked me across the back with it. Another time my mother and I was into it about something and her sister's son was there and he just picked me up and threw me across the room. It knocked the wind out of me and like always when she thought she would get in trouble for abuse she would scream oh oh and blow in my face, till I caught my breath.I just kept thinking to my self I will get a job and save up for college and when I graduate I would get out and never look back. But so many things were about to happen to me would I ever make it to college?

2 comments:

  1. I am reading your story. God bless you. May your Christmas be a great one for you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much moberry and Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete