Saturday, December 19, 2009

childhood continued

That feeling of not being loved would follow me to this day. To give you some undrstanding of the current situations in my life I feel it necessary to include some things from my childhood, so that you know where I am coming from so to speak. My mother raised me by herself and except for the occasional odd boyfriend and they were odd it was just me and her. My mother worked in a small ice cream restaurant for a woman who had been her friend in their younger days. My mother only went ot the 8th grade but she could take any order and add it in her head figure the tax and give the customer the total. Of course she could then figure the change back also without the use of the register. Still because she didn't have a high school diploma she felt unworthy or incapable of getting a good job even many people in this area (Kentucky) bornin the 1940's got married young and didn't finish school. My mother thanks to my father I am sure had no self esteem. Well I am sure it wasn't all his fault I'm sure her mother didn't help much as she once had her committed. Mom worked hard in that little restaurant for even though she never made more thn 2.60 hour which menat she brought home 75 a week and this was in the 1980's you know prices were much the same now as they were then in fact many things are cheaper. So to say I grew up poor would be an understatement. Iknow what poverty feels like and when you experience poverty as a child it defines you. It says this is who you are. And you think you are doomed to be linked to it through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment