Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My First true love

Through watching John Osteen and being inspired by him I began to have more faith. More faith that God was my friend and he was on my side. I began to feel that I really was more than my current circumstances showed, and that I could rise above my lot in life. When I was a junior in high school I met a girl by the name of Jalaine Bray and fell head over heals for her! I was only 16 and I know people say that teenagers are too immature to really feel love, but here I am almost 37 and I still remember those feelings. Now don't misunderstand I loved my wife and in fact still love my wife and I feel as though I always will even though all of the awful things we have done to one another.
Jalaine came from what I thought was a wealthy family but now I know it was a just a middle income family. But they had a brick home and a Cadillac Seville (remember those?) I always thought those cars were so fancy looking! Jalaines father worked in a factory and was a preacher at a church close by to where I lived. Her family knew where I lived but they still treated me like somebody and I really felt Jalaine cared about me too and it all just felt so right that I truly felt we were so right for each other. Could I really be this lucky?
Because I came from a poor family I wanted Jalaine to know I had a better work ethic. So silly me went on and on about how I would work hard to support her and give her what she needed although she had never made me feel like I wouldn't. Jalaine had always showed me respect and love. It was about his time when my mothers boss came to me and offered me a managers job at her restaurant for 200 dollars a week salary. So I quit my job at Hardees and took it. I worked 1 week and she paid me 100.00 so I quit, then and for one reason or another it took me 6 weeks to find another job. I was so embarrassed that I wasn't working I didn't call Jalaine and since we didn't have a phone she didn't call me, but as soon as I got my job at Taco Bell I rushed next door to Aunt Mary's to call her and she said she couldn't live this way, that she had been worried sick about me and she had found someone else. She had found a man that was like 10 years older than us. She ended up marrying that man and they are still together with three daughters! I deeply regret the way things turned out with Jalaine and that I hurt her. But in my heart I know it was the right thing. There are 4 people in the world now who can testify to that. I really didn't have that much time to be love struck anyway cause it was just about time to try and get into college! Would I achieve this impossible dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment