Saturday, December 26, 2009

Meeting my father

Needless to say if I haven't already, I hated Eubank I hated that trailor, I hated my mother and I just basically hated my life in general. I was completely miserable. My life was over or so I thought. I don't know how it came about but somehow my father came in to the picture for the first time in my life when I was 15 I had never been around my father for more than a few minutes at a time when we saw him out in public. I knew very little about my father other than he used to drink and hit my mother, he was illiterate, he lived in Tateville (which is like all the things you have heard about Eastern Kentucky), he was trash according to my mother, he left with the babysitter when I was 3 and I knew what he looked like and that was pretty much it. Oh yeah I knew no matter what my mother said she was still crazy about him. I knew this because she not only talked about him daily but heaven forbid she see him on the highway cause this woman who drove between 30 and 40 mile an hour would go 60 or 70 to just see him closer. And I also knew I was to blame for him leaving.
Again I don't know how it came about probably just a chance meeting of some kind in public. but at 15 I went to stay with my father for a couple of weeks in the summer. He was a truck driver and the first night we drove to Chattanooga with a load of saw dust. We drove all through the night to arrive about 5 in the morning. Now you must remember I had never worked before other than in the little restaurant where my mother worked. Well he worked me that day like a dog! I was told to get up on top of that trailor he had hauled that stuff in and take this big pole and start working the pole back and forth because that stuff had become stuck together so tightly that it wouldn't fall out. It took me till about noon and I thought several times I was going to fall down the hole and get killed because I really had no clue as to what I was doing. I must have done something right though becasue my father asked me to stay and help with his car hauler business. I was so proud that he wanted me around and that he had his own business so I eagerly agreed. But what I had gotten my self into would be both one of the greatest and one of the worst experiences in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment