Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Back to a box

Yes, even though it was the projects and I was embarrassed by that because I went to school with what I called rich kids. I loved it, I had a decent home for the first time in my life, even if the neighborhood wasn't. We moved in the summer of my tenth year and as time went on my mother and I fought more and more. Mostly it was about me going outside to play. She would say I wasn't and I would say I was and away I would go. Of course I had to come back some time, that is if she didn't come and get me first, but either way when I did get back it was beating time. Well that went on for a little while but as I got bigger and my mother didn't (she was only 4 foot 11 inches) I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore, so I started fighting back, which at first shocked my mother but she quickly got over it. If things got real bad she would call in her sister who was meaner than she was. I could never stand up to her though because even though she was mean and cussed me black and blue she had bought me some of the nicest things I ever had and truth be told I respected her. She had raised my mother and she worked at the hospital and she had a new car and she had bought a new trailor and she paid her own way. My mother worked in a little dive making ice cream and sponged off everyone she could, so I really ddin't respect my mother and I couldn't stand to be around my aunt.
As the fighting grew worse my mother decided we had to move. My aunt had just bought some property way up in a little community called Eubank and moved her trailor up there. Eubank I thought was horrible. It is so far away from anything, at the apartment we were just minutes away from the mall and the skating rink and the swimming pool all the things I loved to do. Eubank had nothing and I knew my fun times were over if we moved up there. Not to mention living by my aunt ugh!Please God I prayed don't let this happen! I cried I pleaded I said everything I could. I told my mother if she cared anything for me at all she would not do this. I told her I would never speak to her again. Nothing mattered though she was determined to move. my aunt and uncle had bought her a little trailor a 12 by 48 and that's where we were headed back to a box. but what would be waiting for us when we got there?

No comments:

Post a Comment