Monday, December 21, 2009

The big move

So I quickly learned that no matter what I did I was never going to earn or have my mother's respect or love no matter what I did. I mean sometimes she might say the words I love you, but her actions spoke louder than her words. Parents listen up if you scream at your child, smack your child across the face, pull your childs hair or abuse your children in anyway while they will probably still love you, but they will feel as though you don't love them. Don't do it and if you have done it ask your child to forgive you and never do it again or else your child will pay for your mistake for the rest of their life by searching for love from people who will not give it. Anyway from that point on in school I would work just hard enough to prove to myself I could do it and then as soon as I knew I was capable of it I would back off never to achieve a level of success again. I guess I still do that today, it's usually not important to me to actually achieve something just important to me to know I could if I wanted to.
When I was 10 years old something miraculous happened at least it was miraculous to me. We moved to the projects, now I don't care if you are in a city of a million people or a city of 10,000 people like I was the projects are still the projects. Full of drugs and alcohol and loose women. Of course, I didn't know anything about that back then I just new I was going to have a brick apartment with an upstairs and my own big bedroom with a bath and a half but most of all I was going to have air conditioning! No longer would I get out of the tub and be wet with sweat almost immediately or come home and see the candles melted from the heat. I would also be warm in the winter for the first time in my life. But what was life going to really be like in the projects? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment