Saturday, March 27, 2010

Where did the love go?....Chicago?

Things definitely changed after that, Teresa knew that I was desperate to have her in my life, and that gave her a good amount of control and she too full advantage of that. It was like I was one of those Jewish husbands you see on TV that always says "yes dear" in that nasally whiny voice. Well, as you can imagine that gets old pretty quick. I soon came to resent Teresa for treating me like her little servant boy. Her superior attitude was really starting to annoy me, even if in my heart I did believe she was superior. Even her demand for me to open car doors for her was done in such a snotty way that I began to resent that, even though honestly, I had loved doing that for her before when I thought it was appreciated. All these things came to build up over the next few months, till finally I was ready to explode. So right after Christmas time in 1995 we broke up. Marchetta really gave me some good counsel and so did our new friend Lisa who had been a Jehovah's Witness and had recently started coming to our church. Chris had been away at College so these two had filled in for him and even though they were 40 year old women they were my best friends at the time.(I haven't seen Marchetta 5 times in the last ten years, but I actually saw her yesterday!)These friendships did nothing, but anger Teresa who honestly had no friends at least none she was close with. Teresa didn't seem really to like other people. I honestly see her as some what of a snob, her and my mother were so much alike! I loved people always have,and I wanted friends in my life and I KNEW a life with Teresa would basically mean us only... oh and of course her family. So here we were broke up and it was the day before New Years Eve and I didn't know what was going to happen. So I decided to do what I love to do and that was travel! I just decided I would hop in my old Caddy and drive till I figured this thing out. I would drive until I knew if I REALLY wanted this life with Teresa or not. I had no clue as to where I was going or how long this would take, but I wouldn't come back till I had decided if I could live like this or not. Little did I know I would have a great and horrible adventure and end up in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment