Saturday, March 20, 2010

It starts

So here I am waiting to hear and worried over what Teresa is going to say. The fear was so great I would break out in sweats and I couldn't sleep. I was all tore up wondering if my whole life at least the one I had dreamed of was about to be ripped from me, after I had just lost everything else which honestly I didn't have anything anyway the car turned it out was a lease.Still I felt like I had lost almost the world. So the next day after work I met Teresa in the church parking lot and she basically told me how it was. She would stay with me,but no one could know about the bankruptcy especially her parents. If they found out she would be gone. She wanted to know who already knew.First I told her Chris, but she was o.k. with that because she knew he would keep it quiet. Then she asked if I had told a lady named Marchetta who went to our church and was going through a divorce. I had been trying to help her deal with it. (like I knew what that was like then). She nearly hit the roof of the car when I squeamishly nodded yes. But you know Marchetta had told me something that has stuck with me all these years when I talked to her about it. Of course, that was nerve wracking because I thought she will think it is a sin or that I am trash, but no Marchetta looked at me with compassion and said these sweet words and you take these to your heart too. "Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind". That is so true and as soon as I heard it my very soul was penetrated, but still I couldn't apply this to Teresa, to say she had a hold on me was to say the least. So I agreed to all of Teresa's demands so that she would stay with me. and so it starts, me doing everything and anything I can to keep Teresa from leaving me and her knowing it. But would it all be for naught?

No comments:

Post a Comment