Saturday, March 6, 2010

Last weekend

Last weekend Natalie had a Governor's cup competition at a local elementary school. It being my weekend to have her I took her, and after her test Teresa and her parents showed up. When Natalie had her first academic team challenge they had us go to the Library to watch it. I had sit down on the aisle. Teresa's parents went down my row and sat on the opposite end, because by the time they got there that was all that was left. Now here's a bombshell I haven't dropped yet. Teresa can no longer walk without assistance and she gets around by a scooter (This is due to Multiple Sclerosis and will of course be talked about later) So Teresa had no choice but to sit by me which I am sure she hated to do, but again she had no choice, so for 15 minutes there we were sitting side by side for the first time in what, almost ten years watching our baby compete in an academic team challenge (Natalie is the only child on the team to come from a broken home!) I tell you it was all I could do to keep from busting out bawling right there. We just felt like a family again and usually you can feel the animosity from Teresa, but not that day,no on that day she wasn't warm or anything towards me, but it was like she had quit hating me at least. Later that night when I told Natalie about it because she hadn't seen us because she had her back to us I did bust out crying and for the first time in all this mess Natalie cried about it too. I just felt as though I needed to share this. Can you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment