Monday, March 15, 2010

Teresa finds out!

When I bought the Cadillac so soon after losing my new car I think possibly Teresa's aunt Oneida but we called her Needy knew something was up and tipped Teresa off. She was Vice President of a local bank. Teresa asked me one night in the front seatof that Caddy what was going on. Looking into those beautiful blue eyes I knew I could never just straight lie to her. She was too pure, too innocent,too loving (so I thought) for that. So very slowly, and very tearfully I told her of all the trouble that I had just went through. I also tried to make her remember without directly pointing it out that it was her that wanted me to take the fake Scott and Fetzer job which was the root cause of all this mess. I also wanted her to realize that through all of this I had spent basically nothing on myself, but had continued to do everything for her I could, just hoping and praying she would see that as true love for her. Yet when the word bankruptcy left my mouth I got what I would later call " the look". The look that night was one of disgust pure and utter disgust. Oh no she didn't understand, she... she... she oh no what had I done! Why did I have to tell her, Chris would've backed up whatever I said. I honestly don't remember exactly what she said because my mind was running a mile a minute and at that speed it didn't take long for me to get mad at her, since really it was all kind of her fault anyway. I mean she had basically forced me to go door to door selling vacuum cleaners, she had spent every last penny I had on trying to look like big shots. She had distracted me to the point I wasn't focused on selling like I needed to be in order to make the big money. Wait a minute here. Hey girl just who do you think...wait another minute here. I love this woman and the bottom line is I let her down. When I came back to my senses she quietly excused herself and said we will talk tomorrow.....Oh crap!!! What does that mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment