Monday, March 1, 2010

I thought it couldn't happen to me

I knew even though I was facing hardships on several fronts that I was still where God wanted me at the time, but I was in unfamiliar territory yet again. Now I had grown up as you know extremely poor and was still living at home with my mother in her little cracker box of a trailor, but in the last year or so I had achieved some pretty awesome things for a just turned 21 year old kid. I had a new car, my real estate license, I had been part owner in a restaurant, I had sung on television and my credit was perfect.Not too bad for someone with my upbringing. I had also always spouted off about how God will bless you financially if you honor him and put him first. So how was it possible after just finding the love of my life, a person who money was so important to that I would now be going broke? Was God no longer on my side? Had he abandoned me? Every night when I would get off work on my way home I would stop in the church and fall face down and ask God for a miracle. I had to have one or else. And yet no miracle came, at least not the one I wanted or was even imagining.

No comments:

Post a Comment