Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What a joke

So being a young naive 21 year old kid who thought really believed he was the smartest person in South Central Kentucky. I truly believed this man and quit my job at the store and made my way across Hwy 27 to his "corporate office" The name of the place was G4 Enterprises. Do you know why it was named that? Because G4 was the latest model name for the Kirby Vaccuum Cleaner. I couldn't beleive I had quit my job and talked Chris into coming to work to sell Vacuum Cleaners door to door. What on earth had I done! How foolish was I? But it was too late now to second guess it I had already burnt my bridge at the store and I had nothing else lined up so what choice did I have but to try and make it a go. So I would report to work at 8 am and we had a sales meeting covering the day befores sales. There were about 20 people and some of them looked like the dregs of humanity and they were selling so I was sure I could. As the week wore on I QUICKLY saw that this was no place for me. They would put us in a bus and go out to a remote area in another town and have us knock on a door and then drive off and leave us so the person felt like they had to let you in. I hated that! What else could I do though? By the end of the week I was a wreck. I had learned that everyone there eas a druggie and this guy was their source. He was paying these people in drugs that he probably got them hooked on in the first place. I had sold 4 vacuums and according to my agreement I should have made 1100. I asked for my pay and he told me he would hold onto it for me and if I needed anything to let him know that the rest of the salespeople used him like a bank and I could to. I told him to forget it, that was it. He threatened to have his boys come up there and drag me down there. I threatened him with the police and hung up. I was scared to death, but my mother had heard me on the phone and rushed in my room screaming and hollering for me to get out before they came and burnt the place down and I was in no way to call the law and report it. I was a nervous wreck, I had no job, an expensive girlfriend and my car insurance was 335 a month, what on earth would I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment