Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tonight what a night

Tonight I went to see the movie Precious. I am overweight and was raised in the projects by an abusive mother so I felt I could relate. While there were some strong similarities, Precious goes further witht he abuse then I experienced so I just left the theater and while driving home I was thinking about what a raw deal in life I had gotten and how even though it wasn't as severe as what the girl in the movie went through it still was no fair when I stopped at a redlight and almost hit a homeless person crossing the road in my little Southern Kentucky town. A place where just a few years ago you would never ever expect to see a homeless person. I went no more than a few feet and in the cold dark hour of midnight saw a total of three separate homeless people all walking in the road. Each one carrying or pulling their belongings. Friends let's be appreciative of the blessings we do have. All of you reading this have a home, have electricity, food and the basic necessities of life. The next time you feel down or like you have been given a raw deal remember there are those who have nothing. Count your blessings no matter how short the list is there are those with shorter lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment