Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trouble in Paradise!!!

It wasn't but just a few hours into the marriage when I knew in my heart she had no real respect for me when she would completely disregard any requests I made!! Let me tell you people something that are yet to be married the lines are drawn within the first 72 hours of marriage of how things are to play out in the marriage. For example whose going to be the one to make the compromises in situations is exactly the sort of thing I am talking about. Now I know what I am getting ready to say is about something small, but most often it is the small wounds that hurt the most as they are a sign of a much larger problem! Now Teresa worked at the electric company and no joke she saw it as her duty to use as much as electric as possible to support her company. Which would be fine if she worked for a store or something, but you can't boost the electric companies profits single handed!!! But she tried believe me she tried!!! Now, I was extremely nervous and desperately wanted to be a good provider. I had no idea what our expenses would really run as I had always lived at home, and to say I was scared would be an understatement of major proportions. You must also understand I had thought myself invincible financially and then had just recently went through a bankruptcy which was why I was as concerned as I was. So I would ask Teresa several times to please turn off the light if she was leaving the room and was going to be out of there for a while. She would just give me a smile and then completely ignore me!!!! Now I know this doesn't sound like much but to me it was!! I never said a word about it which in hindsight I should have I guess, but I didn't want to start a fight, instead I just let it fester and got more and more upset and hurt over it. Another thing that really hurt my feelings right off the bat was how Teresa would tell me not to touch her computer like I was so stupid I would destroy it by my DNA!!! I admit I was ignorant at the time of computers, but the way she said don't touch it made me feel like she loved it more than she loved me!! By far though the biggest mistake we made right off the bat was.........

No comments:

Post a Comment