Monday, July 26, 2010

Something I want to share!

O.K. let's fast forward the story here to 2004. I am going to share a little information with you that I wanted to wait till it actually occurs in the story, but for the sake of this story which I am hoping Teresa will read I have decided to share it now. While the divorce was going on I worked at Oakwood which is a large (then state run) facility for people with Mental Retardation). One day some co-workers had to take someone to the local emeergency room. While there they came across Teresa's mother. Due to them having a resident with them she asked if they were from Oakwood. When they said yes she asked if they knew me, when they again said yes she told these people who were complete stranges to her that I had left her daughter because she was ill. Well a few days later it was Superbowl Sunday and I had prepared a big party for the people in the home I worked in and invited other homes as well. The party had been going for about an hour and I was on my third round of getting refills on pop, pizza, and snacks when one of the other staff motioned me over and said something to me that made me almost pass out!! He said with a smirky attitude " You look like someone who would leave someone because they're sick!" I know I made a face at first then said huh? He said "I have been watching you for an hour now waiting on these people hand and foot youhaven't asked for help, or had a bite yourself and you are doing this for strangers, you look like you would leave your wife cause you didn't want to take care of her." Then a quick smile broke out over his face and he said that' what your mother in law told me at the hospital the other day. Of course then I understood. He then said I didn't know much about you then so I kept quiet he said but if I ever see her again I'll be sure to tell her SHE'S A LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment