Friday, July 23, 2010

We finally won one!!!

Now first of all let me say I know that this is not a competition between Teresa and me, but in everything I have ever tried to do for Natalie it has been a disaster, and that is why yesterday was such an important day!!! Teresa has always tried to keep me in the dark about Natalie's medical needs. She purposefully schedules appointments at times when she knows I have to work. If they are not scheduled then often times she will reschedule them at the last minute so I end up missing them. Now this isn't the case every time but it is more often than not. Anyway several years ago Natalie was diagnosed with Asthma even though she has never had anything ever that even remotely resembled an asthma attack. Anyway on Natalie's last visit they recommended her taking allergy shots for the next several years starting out at the rate of three a week!! This even though the child's lungs are much stronger than before and she no longer has a runny nose problem. I was strongly against this!! So that made Teresa strongly for it of course. Since the appointment to decide this was during my work I called and tried to reschedule it. At first they said the only other available time was going to be a month later and during school hours which Teresa would never agree to. So I went down there and told them I would not give consent for Natalie to have the shots and showed them I had joint custody. They basically told me it didn't matter if the mom was for it they would proceed. So I told them I would sue them if I could and I would be talking to an attorney!! Big bluff by the way I can't afford an attorney and every time I have went to court I have lost with or without an attorney anyway. So I did the only thing I could do after that I prayed which I always do but even that just never seems to work out. But this time God heard my prayer and spared my daughter's feelings. Teresa called me on Wednesday night at work and told me the appointment had been changed to Thursday at 10:40. I thought how odd!!! So when we get there Teresa is even there she usually never comes and Natalie is brought by Teresa's mother. I was looking for a terrible fight but it never came. When we went into the Doctor's office and she came in. Natalie very plainly told the doctor that she wasn't having any problems. Teresa was still contesting saying she needed them, of course I supported Natalie saying I had just had every day for five weeks straight but three and had seen no problems, then when the doctor seemed confused I said well me too if Natalie is having problems at her grandparent's house it maybe because they are building a new addition and letting Natalie actually help with the construction and you all diagnosed her with allergies to dust.. Ooh Teresa got mad, but she shut up.When it was all over I hugged Nat and whispered in her ear we did it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment