Monday, April 5, 2010

The journey continues

I was only a few miles outside of Indianapolis when the old Caddy went kerplunk! Here it was the middle of winter and the middle of night and I am in a strange place in an old car and I am about to be stranded. (The only person that would've come and got me would have been Chris, but this was before cell phones and he was away at College). Teresa even would not have come after me she would've said I had gotten what I deserved and no one in my family would've come either. By the grace of God I just happened to be at an exit with a motel. I will never forget this as long as I LIVE! It was a Dollar Inn I had been seeing them along I-65 since midway into Indiana, they look cheap and disgusting, but if I was going to have a big repair bill to pay I NEEDED cheap and disgusting besides there was no way to get anywhere else. When the clerk came out to wait on me she was in that awful Goth clothes and I had never even seen that before. She had black make-up on and black fingernail polish and a bunch of tattoos and piercings and I just knew I would be murdered there, but I felt like the Lord had led me there with the car dieing just as it made it to the parking lot. So I got my key and went to my room which was awful!It is by far the worst room I have ever stayed in, in my entire life. I thought I would catch a disease from the sheets! I prayed for several hours before I fell asleep for guidance and wisdom in my situation, but mostly I prayed for my car to start in the morning.By the grace of God it did just that! God had healed my car I know of no other solution! Now onto Chicago, but would I even make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment