Monday, April 12, 2010

The Big City New Years Eve 1995

So by a miracle of God the old car started up and I had escaped an almost certain doom. I almost turned around and went home which would be so typical of me since I have always let fear rule my life, but I determined this time would be different. So in faith, I turned that old car toward Chicago and I persevered on. I couldn't explain it, but in my spirit I just knew that by the time I reached the city I would soehow just know what to do. Now I had always dreamed of going to Chicago and seeing all the skyscrapers especially Sears Tower, which at that time was the tallest building in the world! I remember getting nervous as the roads widened and the subway appeared (which at the time I didn't realize that was the subway). There was a terrible fog that morning and I really didn't even get to see the tops of the buildings, but I knew it was by far the largest city I had ever been in and despite my fascination of it all I barely looked it's way.I drove to the north side of town and stopped at a Shell station. I called my mother to tell her where I was and immediately she began yelling and cussing so I just hung up on her. Then I called Marchetta and told her I would be there to bring in New Years with her and Lisa and got back in the old Caddy. I knew I had made the right decision and God even confirmed it. In front of me at the gas station was a couple from another Kentucky town very close to mine. In fact it was Bowling Green which our Parkway went straight to and Chris and I had traveled on very recently on one of our wild trips. to me this was God confirming to me I was on the right road. Now if this old bucket of bolts will just get me home. I could see what Teresa thought about my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment