Monday, June 7, 2010

We're getting close...

I was so disappointed when Teresa came to see the house and basically took one look at it and said "no way". Somehow I was shocked at her although I should have known. Now keep in my mind at this time everything was new and freshly painted white. Yes the house was small, but it was in excellent shape and the price was wonderful, just cming from bankruptcy I certainly didn't want us to have to struggle right off the bat. I couldn't believe Teresa could not see the value in the little house I mean was she blind? What I didn't know then was that appearances were extremely important to Teresa and the little house didn't send the right appearance to other's about our finances.She wanted us to look rich to impress people, mostly her parents, but also people from work and at church. However good sense finally prevailed because she called me like two days later and said let's look at it again. We went back down there after work and Teresa looked at it one more time and this time it was like she saw it with her eyes instead of her mothers. She saw the potential it had to make a great first home and it did really fit us and our style. It was old fashioned looking but bright and clean (once). I took Natalie to see it yesterday since the door is wide open and we said this house if it was fixed would be so Avonlea that is in reference to our favorite tv show Road to Avonlea which is a spin off of Anne of Green Gables. Teresa agreed finally and we I should she bought the little house. Now I was stuck there was no turning back now in my mind I couldn't leave her holding the bag for this house even after she......

No comments:

Post a Comment