Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Wedding Day!!! Part 1

O.K. folks here it is finally I can't believe it is taken me 6 months to get to the wedding day or that I would be posting it on Teresa's Birthday!

After the big fight I had told Teresa that I did in fact still wanted to get married but the truth was I didn't but when she asked me anything with that heart broke look (which I now know was an act) I couldn't refuse her anything. You have to understand at this time I thought she was an angel impossible of deception or manipulation. So I told her I did still want to get married but inside I was scared to death that I was marrying someone just like my mother who would fight all the time and I just could not and would not go through that anymore. Truth was she was just like my mom in many ways but she wasn't nearly as violent or dangerous.The only thing that kept weighing on my mind too was that stupid house the one I posted the video of earlier (check the archives it's worth a look) I didn't want to stick her with the house which was just in her name, so between that and the look I agreed.

The morning of the wedding was unforgettable my mother screamed and hollered cussed and tried to literally grab me from going out the door. But at the time I thought she was just not wanting to lose my financial support that she didn't care about me. And just as I am writing this it is occurring to me for the first time in my life that I may have been wrong about that. She always knew Teresa didn't care about me. I think she recognized it so easily because she didn't really either. She always blamed me for my father leaving because he was notorious for making babies and then leaving not wanting to support them. As I walked out the back door she grabbed my arm and I shook loose of her hold finally in my life. All I could think of was this is it Now I am free. In the words of the great Martin Luther King Junior Free at Last Free at Last Thank God almighty I am Free at Last!!! I kept telling myself on the drive to Teresa's that this was going to be a new life for me. That things were going to be different now.I was finally going to have a life!! But as I pulled up to Teresa's apartment all that seemed to come to an end because Teresa wasnt........

No comments:

Post a Comment