Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Proposal

So the next significant thing that happened between Teresa and myself would have to be the Proposal. I had finally reached a level of success at Clayton's in fact I was one of their top ten men. I was making more money in fact then than I do now. Teresa had moved out into that tiny apartment so I thought she was ready to go on to the next step. I began to plan how I could do it in a manner worthy of her and impressive enough to her so that she would say yes when it hit me. There was a new Limousine company in our town, so of course, I had to do it in style! I dressed up to the nines in my big long wool coat, suit and tie the whole nine yards. I was burning up, not to mention so nervous I might vomit any second and ruin everything (literally). So I showed up to Teresa's job at the local electric company just in time to whisk her away! All the women were all a buzz when they saw the big white limo pull up. I had spent so much on that thing I never even thought to have flowers or anything else for her (besides she may so no so no sense in spending it all) We went for a lovely drive, but I had no clue as to where to go, I mean here I was to ask the lady I loved to marry me, but I had no idea where we were going. We ended up driving to the local state park Burnside Island and there amongst the beautiful scenery I got down on one knee in the car, took her hand and asked her to be my wife. And I swear I meant for it to be for forever. I closed my eyes, my stomach in knots and waited for the worst, not half believing it when she said yes! As we pulled out of the park I had the driver stop at the Restaurant I had owned at 19 with my uncle who had since bought the building and employed all my aunts. I stopped off to show off both my bride and my ride! I was like a wild man screaming over and over "she said yes!" As we went up the highway and passed the Somerset Clayton Homes I saw a friend of mine Mike Caudill out on the lot and I literally hung out of the car screaming I am getting married, I honestly don't think I paid any attention to Teresa after she consented. I was in such shock that I was in my own little world. It was as if I had won the lottery! We arrived back at Teresa' job and I wantd some sugar, but Teresa would not consent there in the parking lot for people to see, that should've been a clue, but no not o me I was in lala land!

No comments:

Post a Comment