Friday, May 14, 2010

The Heat is on!

O.K. now I had done it! I had went and proposed and Teresa had gone and accepted and it was like now the gloves were off. Neither her parents or my mother wanted us to marry and it was clear now to both of them that this was going to happen if they did not intervene. Both had different approaches, Teresa's parents who had basically disowned her came back into her life buying her this and buying her that. They have always known they could buy her affection or devotion or obedience or whatever. But the money of course would come with strings attached and for the only time in my life I saw Teresa purposefully mislead her parents and take their money with no intention of going through with their demands. I say parents but really it was just her mother's doing, but her father goes along with whatever she says so he is responsible to. I keep thinking one day he will man up and tell her what's what but it hasn't happened yet and it's been more than 15 years.
Now my mother of course would never use bribery or being nice oh no! My mother as always thought she could cuss and fuss her point view into my head. Yo know for years I told my mother I don't want to hear any fussing I won't listen to it. All for naught. I can honestly say I have never met anyone like my mother. She has been dead now for more than 5 years and I can't mourn her. In so many ways it was a relief when she passed now don't misunderstand I didn't wish her dead and I certainly didn't wish the agony on her that he faced with Cancer, but bear in my mind I have no good memories in all of the almost 32 years we shared except for one when I was 15 when she told me she was proud of me. I can't remember now what all she said those few months of engagement we had. I have most likely blocked it out as I have tried so hard to do with so much of my experiences with her, but I do remember vivdly that those months of engagement were pure Hell living with her, it's funny now and I hate to admit of course and wouldn't dare if she were still alive, but in the end in so may ways despite her rough gloom and doom talk...... She was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment