Friday, May 28, 2010

The Miracle and the Curse

As I pulled out of the parking lot all flustered and crying thinking that God had decided that all my dreams were being ripped out from under me, and after just going through the heartbreak of a bankruptcy at 22 this was more than I could bare. I was approxiamtely 3 miles from my hoe with my mother. I will never forget driving the same stretch of road that I had wrecked on which had led me to Teresa in the first place. My eyes were so red and teary eyed I nearly missed the For Sale sign on the little house not one half mile from home. I had been looking far and wide in hopes of getting as far away from home as possible.Still the second I saw it I knew it was the house for us. It had been a store and a post office about 100 years ago, but it was completely new and totally redone. It was a very small 2 bedroom house, but it was so nice, and it had all the appliances even a washer and dryer which was perfect for us since we had nothing. It had a wrap around covered porch that I loved and to me it was perfect. The man (a preacher) that had remodeled the house lived next door and when he saw me on the porch admiring the flower beds he came out and let me in. The house was only 26500 and it was I thought it was perfect. He grilld me hard about who we were and what kind of neighbors we would be which let me know it would be a good area. I got back in the car and Thanked God for sending us this house, but why did it have to be so close to my mother. Now to see what Teresa thinks about it. I was so disappointed when........

No comments:

Post a Comment